Many event organizers are still taking stock of the situation. Some are still hoping that the physical event scene will return to ‘normal.’ Vaccine trials are happening globally. It is likely that very soon, there might be an effective vaccine administered for all the individuals worldwide.
There are several doubts and questions when it comes to vaccination. It could be about the side effects, its efficiency, or the cost. Considering the various factors of the vaccination drive, it is likely that countries might not ease down their lockdown immediately because of the 2nd wave of coronavirus. When nations continue to recover from COVID-19 and relax controls, there is a possibility of live events happening on a minor scale if not a large scale.
With the increasing shift of events on virtual platforms, we at 10times believe that event organizers should start adapting to virtual event space if they haven’t already.
Here are some statistics that you must have a look at:
A trend towards virtual events
- 93% of the event marketers plan to invest in virtual events in the coming time, according to a recent survey.
- Almost 50% of the respondents of a survey by PCMA said that the potential attendees of future events would be hesitant to travel and attend an event in person
Seven of ten respondents of the Event Marketer survey have shifted face to face events partially or fully to a virtual platform, and many believe that this is not just a ‘short-term’ solution. And it is here to stay.
People have arranged all sorts of events on virtual platforms this year. Name the occasion; it was available virtually:
- Theme Parties
- Award Shows
- Baby Showers
- Trade Shows
- Exhibitions and Fairs
- Games & Get-Togethers
- Birthday and Surprise Parties
- Educational classes
- Talk Shows
- Investor Meetings
- Hobby Classes
- Meet and Greets
- Annual Events
- Training & Workshops
Any format, any sector, and a diverse target audience have been hosted online using a variety of virtual platforms on every occasion. As an event organizer, it is essential to start planning for the coming year 2021. A considerable number of corporate events are already planned, especially post-March 2021.
Here are some reasons why companies might prefer organizing virtual events moving forward as compared to physical events:
- Targeting a global audience becomes easier with a virtual event
- Cutting down travel costs for attendees and hosts.
- Saving business expenses when it comes to the venue, decoration, and catering.
- No logistical restrictions.
- Saving time in finding the apt venue
- Getting real-time data analytics of the participation & audience
- Recorded sessions of the event available for future access
As an event organizer, it is crucial to warm up to a good virtual event software and make the maximum of it. There are many benefits to hosting virtual events. Every event organizer should be ready to shift to virtual events or at least be comfortable with a hybrid model that involves both face-to-face and virtual events.
A virtual event software gives you many flexibilities. With in-person events taking a hit post-pandemic, many innovative event platforms lie at the forefront of the event industry. One such leading virtual event flagbearer is FLOOR, powered by 10times.
Here are some fantastic features of FLOOR that make it as good as an in-person event space, if not better!