What is a virtual event?
What are the various kinds of virtual events?
When the whole world is moving virtual, so is the event industry. The traditional in-person conferences and shows seem to defer, providing larger space for the online events. Based on various business interests, industries, sectors, user communities and reach, there can be several types of virtual events as below
- Conferences and Summits: Long duration events with multiple sessions inclusive of presentations, discussions and other engagement activities.
- Expo & Tradeshow: Multi days events where exhibitors and visitors meet and exchange product & content virtually
- Webinars: Online training & workshops including panel discussions and learning sessions generally recurring over pre-defined time.
- Webcasts: Events with live video streaming featured on social links to cater to a larger set of audience
- Fairs: There can be career fairs where employers and employees meet, college fairs where colleges & universities meet students, property fairs where property realtors host open house virtually.
- Festivals: Entertaining and fun events for large gatherings at both free and paid entry.
- MeetUps & Talkshows: Short informal meetings which may include recordings and live streaming on social media
- Awards & Ceremonies: Online felicitation by presenter to employees and participants through virtual trophies and applause which might include pre-recorded video and panel discussions.
- Investor Calls: Where investors and business start-ups meet fulfilling internal and external legal requirements. This may include recordings, live streaming and chat discussions.
How do you host a virtual event?
Just like any other physical event, virtual events also involve planning and preparation. Regardless of which type of event you want to host, you have to keep below pointers in mind:
- Understand the motive behind your event and the target audience for the same.
- Choose your team ie panelists including speakers, moderators, hosts and guests.
- “When” has to be decided, the dates and the duration.
- The format of your event is crucial ie the content, the type whether webinar, webcast etc, other activities like chat, Q&A, polls, networking etc
- Selecting the platform to host the event like FLOOR
- Event Marketing & Promotion via social media, email marketing etc
- Performing several dry runs on the platform so that you and your panelists get hands on experience before the event
- Final test of your streaming, audio, video levels, screen share etc before going live
How do I select a virtual event platform?
While evaluating various platforms, one needs to opt for a platform that gives the organizers the tools to build, customize and manage online events with all the benefits of physical events that people desire.
A platform where event hosts can create custom event registration pages, add sponsors, sell various ticket types, and define a schedule of engaging segments for speakers and attendees. It should be much more than just a “virtual meeting room”.
A virtual event platform should be able to cater to not just your immediate need but also let you host any format in future, be it an event with sessions, keynotes, webinars, breakouts, networking, and fireside chats. It should have features that you need to manage an event from end to end: Registration pages, expos, sponsors, reception areas, backstage, and analytics. Prepare the list of your current & future needs and evaluate each platform against them. Since you know your industry and your vertical and horizontal expansion needs, you will be able to do a cost – feature analysis with the list.
What is FLOOR?
FLOOR is the first virtual live events platform that gives organizers the tools to build, customize and manage online events with all the benefits of physical events that people desire.
Event hosts can create custom event registration pages, add sponsors, sell various ticket types, and define a schedule of engaging segments for speakers and attendees. FLOOR is much more than just a “virtual meeting rooms”.
Is FLOOR reliable?
For the event organizers reading this, we totally understand the amount of hard work that goes into planning for an event. The coordination, communication, and constant double-checking which it takes, to make sure that everything is ready for the Event Day. You regularly pull off inhuman feats of organization.
We built FLOOR to be bulletproof. We made sure that community events happen without a hitch, meetings flow seamlessly, and attendees across geographies feel like family.
For example, before a keynote, you can circle up with speakers in the Backstage and prep them, making sure slides, audio, and nerves are all ready to go. When it’s time to go live, simply mute your audio and video and click “Go Live.”
You can also keep attendees in the row using FLOOR event-wide chat, while coordinating with staff and speakers in the backstage chat. Sessions also have their own chat rooms.
Why should I host a virtual event on FLOOR over a physical event?
Nothing can replace the value of physical meetings, but it’s not always possible. Physical events require travel, parking, standing in queue, catering, security, and a number of other time-consuming and expensive experiences.
FLOOR provides the same amazing value of physical events—new connections and great content—without the inconveniences. With FLOOR, you still can avail networking with fellow participants, expo booths, breakout discussions, and the fortuitous random “run-ins” that happen at physical events. The difference is you don’t need to buy a plane ticket or book a hotel to show up.
How is Floor different from a webinar or video conferencing platforms?
Floor is the only all-in-one, digital events platform. If you want to host the event on a platform equivalent to Floor, you might need to cobble together at least four separate programs to get some of the Floor features—and it would still not match up because Floor has an innovative proprietary technology built specifically for online B2B events.
Floor is the only platform that provides everything to host an event with sessions, keynotes, webinars, breakouts, networking, and fireside chats. But that’s just the front of the house. Floor also features everything you need to manage an event from end to end: Registration pages, expos, sponsors, reception areas, backstage, and analytics.
What servers are you using and how does Floor protect my data?
We use AWS cloud server for storage. We highly prioritize privacy and security of data by encrypting the session’s content, video, audio, and screen sharing via AWS. Also, we have Cert-in certification to show data security compliance.
What is the platform made on ?
Floor is a MVC High-Level platform which is very robust.
How can we transfer our data, if required?
All data can be exported in easily usable format. eg: user data in excel sheet. Also, you can migrate user data via API or link to CRM.