Amid the worldwide pandemic, the popularity of virtual events has surged than ever before. It is crucial to market your virtual event well to ensure that your event becomes a success. As the competition between virtual events rises, their marketing efforts are increasing too. It is good to invest in a customized virtual event marketing strategy if you haven’t already.
Tips To Market Your Virtual Event
When you market your virtual event, you can follow the below tips:
1. Select A Great Event Platform
Hosting a successful virtual event is impossible without having an efficient virtual event platform to do so. The platform you select should have features that make your virtual event even better than a physical one. With FLOOR, you get various features such as the lobby, stage, sponsor booths, QnA, unlimited guests, social media streaming, handouts, secure payment options, and many more.
Market your virtual event with the platform’s inbuilt features, streaming, sharing facilities and give your audience the best virtual event experience.
2. Create A Descriptive (keyword-rich) Event Page
Create an event page for your event, where everyone can go to learn about your event. Market your virtual event by using the right keywords on your event page. Utilizing a keyword planning tool like the Google Keyword Planner can help you understand the terms most people search for. This will help your event with organic traffic besides the audience that comes through promotions. Using keywords, relevant backlinks can improve the footfall count on your webpage and, ultimately, the event.
In case your event is spread across a few days or a week, make sure you provide the event calendar on the event page. The event page should be self-explanatory and worded well. It must serve as the one-stop solution for your audience to get any event information and the perfect anchor to market your virtual event.
Mention these details on your event page
- Time and date of your event
- The Agenda for the Event
- The Speakers for the Day
- Short Bio, LinkedIn Profiles, and Video Clips of the Speakers
- Sponsors and their information
- Signing Up for the event Link
- Any perks or Giveaways
- Post Event Activity (if any)
3. Leverage The Goodness Of Email Marketing
There might be a plethora of virtual event marketing ideas in-store today. But good old email marketing is one of the best ways to market your virtual event. Sending out a special email newsletter ahead of your upcoming event can be rewarding. Exciting offers, workshops, webinars, and events are sure to spike your audience’s interest level.
Post-event goodies, giveaways, prizes can lead to excitement in your audience. Design your newsletter with customized graphics and images. Give your audience a special discount or coupon code to make them feel special.
4. Social Media Promotions
According to a report by Markletic, 60% of virtual event organizers use social media to drive a significant number of registrations. Targeted ads on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube can increase the reach of your event manifold. This is easily achievable using FLOOR as your event platform.
Here are some tips to achieve the best out of each social media platform.
- In case you are hosting a webinar on ‘How to crack your first interview,’ you must focus majorly on Instagram because 64% of the Instagram users are below 34.
- Facebook gives the option to create an event and keep track of your RSVPs. By focusing on Facebook promotions, you can get an idea of the approximate number of attendees beforehand.
- Market your virtual event with video Clips and Short videos on Instagram.
- Think of particular and creative hashtags for your event and use them all over social media. Especially on Twitter.
- Utilize the reach of popular forums and guest posts on popular websites to promote your event and virtual event ideas.
- Harvard Business Review suggests that people pay more attention to videos than photos or writeups. Create a promotional vlog/reel for your event. Uploading the video on reels or IGTV & can bring the target audience into the event.
5. Spread The Word Via Sponsors
Your event sponsors and partners usually have a well-established social media base, and you must leverage that to market your virtual event. When your sponsors announce your event on their page, it can exponentially boost the event’s overall reach. Please provide the relevant hashtags, event links, graphics, posts, and videos to collaborate with them.
6. Use The Mainstream Media
If you have a decent budget, it would be awesome to invest in advertisements in the local newspapers and news channels. A brief article or a relevant image to market your virtual event in the newspaper can spread the word in your city and nearby areas. Take care that the article should be brief but catchy and must contain all the relevant information.
7. Press Release Of Your Event
Even though press release is generally linked to physical events, it is essential not to miss this step to market your virtual event. You can mention the date, time, details, guest speakers, and takeaways in the press release to make it informative. Get it published by media outlets, news desks, or you can post it on the free press release websites too.
8. Spread The Word Via Guest Speakers
Approaching the guest speakers for promotion may sound a little offbeat. Still, it can undoubtedly increase the reach of your event and help market your virtual event. The speakers will agree to it in most cases. The speakers, just like the sponsors, also have their social media base. You can provide the right hashtags and links to promote it via their social media.
9. Post-Event Marketing
You surely know that this event is not going to be your last virtual event! You will ideally be conducting many more virtual events in the coming time too. Many event organizers and hosts forget to maintain a post-event relationship with the audience.
After the event, you must still market your virtual event to maintain excellent relationships with the attendees, the speakers, and sponsors.
You can send them congratulatory messages, opinion polls, feedback emails, monthly newsletters, and thank you notes. Also, provide them with the recording of your event to draw value from it even after the event. You can also start grabbing more business opportunities and sign off the deals quickly by creating and sending professional-looking proposal documents using excellent proposal software.
10. Market your Virtual event Consistently
The best time to start your virtual event marketing is at least 3.5 weeks ahead of the event. It is crucial to keep the attendees excited and engaged in attending your event throughout this month-long process. Build interest in your attendees by:
- Offering secret surprises (gifts) at the end of the event
- Surprise Guest Speaker Appearance
- A special countdown to your event on the event page
Virtual events are gaining a lot of attention worldwide. If you market your virtual event well, you can gain attendees and religious followers for your brand. Market your virtual event using the above tips to ensure that your event reach increases manifolds. With FLOOR, you can effectively create and market your virtual event, which will indeed wow your audience.